Fabulous Fenton House...

Hey Everyone...

Can you believe it another post so soon!? I have lots to catch up on, as although I haven't had time to blog I have had a few lovely days out. A few weekends ago it was an open weekend for the National Trust, where you could download a free ticket to use at one of their properties! We chose a local house in lovely Hampstead to explore...


Fenton House is in the lovely North London village of Hampstead, and like the nearby Hampstead Heath, it had a beautiful view over London, from its gorgeous little balcony...


The house, had beautiful gardens, and we wandered round the house rather quickly, as we were eager to make the most of the unseasonable weather (yes it was only a few weeks ago!)...



Inside there was a big collection of china - not my style - but a wonderful collection!



I was hugely jealous of the lovely rooms, with huge windows and high ceilings. The house also houses lots of antique instruments, mostly pianos and harpsichords etc...


But the jewel is the beautiful garden! Formal gardens and a gorgeous kitchen garden, complete with wild flowers, vegetable patch and even bee hives...


We stopped and sat in a sunny spot on a well placed bench and admired the scene...







I would love a house like this one day! Our trip to Hampstead wouldn't be complete with a quick wander around the lovely shops! I stopped in at the gorgeous patisserie Louis for a yummy cake, which I of course enjoyed with a cup of tea...


Such a lovely day!

Love Jewel xXx

P.S. You still have time to join in my two giveaways! The first ends on Friday - so join in quick! xxx

Comments

  1. Ooh I have never been there before, something to keep in mind. I love the look of the cake : )

    Not long till the wedding now, is everything done & organized? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lovely day out :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i miss your posts! hate it when i was without the laptop! anyways I also would love to live in that house too! what a lovely place and the photos are so beautiful! can't believe your wedding is just around the corner, i bet you'll be the most beautiful and happiest bride! wishing you both a huge congratulations on your big day!

    xx susan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message, I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts