The Fiance's Showcase

Hey Everyone...

Tonight I want to tell you about a very exciting event. The fiance is a songwriter and music editor and would love to make a living writing songs. He is really talented and even plays lots of instruments and sings! He has been working hard to make contacts and work his way into the industry, which is really hard. In an aim to get noticed and his music heard he decided to do a showcase gig (I love saying 'gig', I feel like a groupie).

This was his first structured gig in a while (he's always playing at our local open mic night) so he was understandably very nervous! But he did fantastically! He was still recovering from a stomach bug and a cold, so he didn't feel it went as well as it could have, but it was great!

Lots of friends and family came out to see him, and the venue have offered him a load more dates, which is a great sign! If he can work his way up, he could play on a Saturday or Friday night with real publicity and could even support for one of his childhood heroes (Mark Morriss from The Bluetones!)

I am so proud of him, and I know he will do even better next time! I wanted to show you some shots that I took at the gig...





So he'll be playing again at The Horn in St.Albans - most likely on the 31st August! If you live anywhere near by please come by and see him, I promise it will be worth your while and would mean a lot to both of us!

If you'd like to check out his music and a video of his performance take a look at his website - Andrew Evans Music

Jewel x

Comments

  1. I'm sure St Albans isn't too far from me I'll have to work it out!

    Good luck to him, must be great to see him on stage,

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its nice to see that someone who loves music is prepared to work hard to get where they want to be. Hope all goes well with the gigs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done to him, thats fabulous :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wish him a great success in song writing and musician!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message, I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts