Love Day...

Hey Everyone...

I know this post is a little belated, but celebrating Love Day was more important than blogging about it! I hope you don't mind and will still enjoy hearing about it!?

On Valentine's Day morning (or Love Day as we call it!) I gave The Fiance some gifts...


 A star just for him - and he can use his telescope to find it in the night sky!

I also got him a pillow that has a built in speaker, so that he can listen to music and audiobooks to send him to sleep (it's fantastic, as I can't hear it and it means we don't end up sleeping on his iPod) and a pickmaster which is like a hole punch, but makes guitar pics.

I used lots of valentine's printables to make wrapping paper for the gifts. I also printed some pretty little tags, backed them with card and created some personalised vouchers for The Fiance to redeem over the year, like a cinema trip, a home cooked meal and a movie marathon of his choice!

I made him a homemade card, and also a special little Valentine's Tea Bag in a special little wrapper. He seemed really pleased with all his gifts!

Then unfortunately it was off to work! I felt a little blue as I hadn't had a card or anything yet from my Valentine. But when The Fiance picked me up from work this was waiting for me...


And I was given some lovely gifts...


Twelve beautiful red roses, a box of heart shaped champagne truffles, and a silver photo frame with my favourite picture of The Fiance and our Anya together!


And an 'I Love You' balloon!

Then it was off into central London for a decadent and delicious meal at Vanilla Black - a previously Michelin starred vegetarian restaurant that has relocated to London!

The meal was spectacular including an amuse bouche and a pre dessert. It was rather avant garde, with some strange but exciting combinations! The flavours were just divine, but I'm not sure my palate was sophiscated enough for all of them!

The highlight for me was the deconstructed peanut butter cheesecake!

Take a look...


As it was such a special restaurant we got all dressed up...



And we were treated to Champagne on arrival...

My Favourite!



Cheers!

It really was a fantastic evening! Very special and an amazing treat! I am one very lucky girl! Two michelin starred dinners in the space of five days! I wonder if our standards will drop once we're old and wed!?

A belated Happy Valentine's Day to you all and especially to my gorgeous Fiance! I love you!

Love Jewel xXx


Comments

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely day (well, apart from the work bit) so long as you both love and have each other it won't make any difference how old you are, you will still enjoy your time together :) x x x x

    P.S there is an award waiting for you on my post today (different to the one you awarded me) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like the perfect Valentines day :) What lovely and thoughtful pressies you gave to each other. The restaurant sounds really nice, love the sound of the peanut butter cheesecake!
    Have a great weekend :)
    Magie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely. Don't worry when you're old and wed like me you won't even bother with Valentines! Ha, well truth be told we don't bother because hubby has his birthday on the 15th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful time you've had......just so sweet. have a fabby weekend.
    Nattie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had an amazing Valentines day! You looked lovely all dressed up too!
    Looking forward to our meet up soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like you had a lovely valentine's day! i love the gifts you gave him and the lovely gifts he gave you! what a sweet thing to come home to find a lovely surprise! so envious here! and both of you look lovely!
    so so romantic! hhehe

    x susan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message, I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts