Love Is Blooming...

Hey Everyone,

Hope you're having a fabulous weekend! The sun is shining here in North London, it's beautiful and it's making me smile!

I have lots to blog about today as I didn't blog yesterday! I can finally show you one of my secret projects...

Yesterday, I went for dinner to celebrate a friend's birthday and made her a cake...


It's the first time I had used royal icing on a whole cake - and the first time I had used my stamps to make cut out shapes - I even coloured the icing myself, leaving me with bright red finger nails lol!

I'm hoping it tasted good - a vanilla sponge with raspberry jam in the centre. The bottom tier was slightly dense so I'm waiting to hear from her if it was ok!


I was very proud of myself and it fit perfectly in my new tin! Happy Birthday Marian!

So I headed back from hers this morning, and it was lovely driving through the countryside with the sun beating down. It really puts a smile on my face.

When I got home I was welcomed with a fantastic surprise...



My rose has finally bloomed - and looks beautiful! I thought it was going to be red, from the bud, despite knowing I bought a pink rose bush. But it is a beautiful vibrant pink - I'm so thrilled!


My first ever home grown rose - I'm delighted & so proud!

Another surprise was also waiting...


My fiance had bought me the easy living magazine with the free Cath Kidston bag and left it for me (as he's off in Brighton for the day). I loved flicking through the catalogue, but I'm now lusting over so many things!

Then I headed out to the Emporium Tea Rooms summer fair and enjoyed a lovely lunch, listening to a vintage singer.


I bought a book from their charity book sale and sat and read for over an hour! It was so relaxing and with the sun streaming in and lots of buzz around I just relaxed and forgot about the world!

I'm now stuffed full of tea and back home waiting for tomorrow to come...

Wanna know why?

Tomorrow is mine and the fiance's 5 year anniversary! Yep 5 whole years together, and exactly one of those being engaged. I have planned a big surprise, which I will of course blog about when I'm back (I won't be blogging for a few days!)

So love (and my rose) is definately blooming this weekend! Let's hope the sun keeps shining for my big surprise!

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

Jewel x

Comments

  1. Aw, your fiancé sounds like a sweetheart.

    Marian's cake is lovely, I'm just writing a post about a load of cake decorating stuff I found in a charity shop - you'll have to tell me what it all is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie,
    Lovely to see you today, sorry we didn't get to chat much at BCGG the other night I was busy teaching my sister the ropes!!
    I can't believe what you've written at the end of your post though, my boyfriend and I just celebrated our 5 year anniversary yesterday!
    P.S Cake looks fab x

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww you're a sweetheart to make a beautiful birthday cake for your friend, love the pink rose at its glory! gorgeous! hubby bought me that easy living mag with free CK tote bag too! im drooling so many things from the catalogue, happy 5th Anniversary to you and your fiance, Cheers! xx Susan

    i'm jealous that you can sew with sewing machine, i want to buy one but gotta save up every penny first! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatever your plans are have a lovely time, Lucey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you're having a lovely weekend!

    Enjoy your anniversary,

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message, I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts