Lemon Meringue Cupcakes...

Hey Everyone...

Well after the dramas of yesterday, the final pair of bridesmaid's shoes arrived tonight and they are perfect! Wish I had just ordered them all now, but oh well! They are all sorted!

So tonight my mission was to create some amazing sounding cupcakes from The Hummingbird Bakery book 'Cake Days'. Tomorrow at work they are having a tea party to say goodbye to two students, and although I won't be there as it's my last day of the CBT course, I offered to bake something.

To be honest I love baking so it was a good excuse really! So I chose a yummy sounding Lemon Meringue Cupcake recipe. This is strange for me as I dislike Lemon Meringue Pie, but love lemon curd.

So here they are in all their glory...


Mmmm... if I do say so myself. They are fantastic, I'm very proud of myself - partly as it was my first attempt and they came out so well - but also because I mastered sugar syrup and meringue, which has gone somewhat wrong in the past when I have tried to make macaroons etc... The recipe had a great tip about putting a little of the sugar in a bowl of cold water and it forming a small ball when it's ready!

I must say it helps to have a sous chef to hand to help grill them - in my case the fiance was obliging!


Turns out I love Lemon Meringue Cupcakes too!

What have you made that made you smile recently?

Jewel x

Comments

  1. They look yummy! Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooo, they look amazing! I love cupcakes! :o)

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look amazing - I love meringue! I'm new to the baking 'scene', and I love it, banana bread being my speciality!

    This week, I've made some lovely greetings cards - 2 bride & groom, and one new home for my BM Laura :) H2B is surprised at my crafty talents!

    Really enjoy reading your blog :)

    Jen x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message, I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts