Love, Love, Love...

Hey Everyone,

I'm in love. I'm not talking about the fiance (but I do very much love him too). I'm talking about the beautiful dinner service (and more...) that my mum is holding for me.

I gave you a sneak peak with an awful camera phone picture a while back, but this Sunday when we visited I took some good pictures of all of the pieces!

It belonged to my Grandmother (my dad's mum, who my middle name is honouring) and was from Sri Lanka. Noritake Blue Hill.

It's in near perfect condition - just one of the lidded serving dishes had it's knob knocked off - but has been glued back on, admittedly not very well but still useable.


This is the whole set - 6 large dinner plates, 6 cereal bowls, 6 soup bowls, 12 medium side plates, 12 small side plates, 8 tea cups and saucers, 6 coffee cups and saucers, 2 serving dishes with lids, 1 serving plate, 1 coffee pot, 1 milk jug and 1 sugar bowl with lid...

Phew!

The only thing I'm sad about is that there is no TEA pot as I LOVE TEA!

But replacement pieces are available online and I'm very tempted to get a tea pot and the matching cake stand if I can find them for a reasonable price!








As I said before we don't yet have space for it in our little flat - despite my protests! Seeing it all out on the kitchen side made me realise how much there is and I would like to be able to display it properly.

So, I'm on a mission to find a bargain china dresser - ebay or freecycle or the like, ready for when we move (this isn't planned yet, but probably in a year or two after the wedding we would like to look for a bigger place!)

If I find one before we move I will just try to store it somewhere! Anyone know when I could find one - I'm willing to work on it - sand it, paint it etc...

I need this beautiful set in my life and soon!

Jewel x

Comments

  1. Its a lovely set. Im on the dresser hunt too as I dont like my current one so am keeping eyes out on ebay near me but they all seem to go for loads of money :o( Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck for your hunt, your grandmother's dinner service is stunning!
    I hope you're feeling a bit better xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is certainly a beautiful wedding service and definitely worth adding to! It'll certainly look beautiful displayed in a dresser,

    Victoria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message, I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts