Stupid Sunday...

Hi Everyone...

Well after the drama of Friday I have had a rather bland weekend. I was hoping to be blogging about an array of beautiful finds from markets and boot sales today - but alas this was not my weekend.

Yesterday, I quickly popped in on the North London Vintage Market held in Crouch End, which had been pretty great on my last two visits. However, I was sorely disappointed. The same old sellers, were selling the same old stuff from the last fair two months ago. I literally picked up the same items and remembered why I hadn't bought them last time. Unfortunately the sellers are also after a hefty price for their items. I can understand it, but I get a little indignant especially when I can get the same things from a charity shop (with a bit of rummaging) for a quarter of the price.

I then popped in on the Vintage Tea Party & Gift Fair at The Boogaloo in Highgate, which is run by some fab ladies. I would love to have a stall one month (first saturday of every month if you're interested) but again I didn't find anything to take my fancy. In this case it's mostly because the crafts are crafts I'm interested in doing myself - so why would I buy anything - but still I was hoping to come away with something.

Then today was car booting. I was meant to be attending with a friend but we had to postpone so I quickly popped in on one with the fiance. Again a huge disappointment, despite it being a huge car boot. The sellers were again after an arm and a leg for their items.

All I got was this pretty little plate...

75p - Bargained down from £1

Which I think I will use to hold pretty things in my bedroom somewhere.

On the way home I thought I'd give it one more go and hope my luck had changed, dropping in on a charity shop. I found a little something for my swap partner for the Hope & Faith Charity Shopping Swap which I hope she will love (I want to keep it and we have similar taste, so I have a feeling she will, lol!)

So all in all a disappointing weekend. Plus I've still got this blasted cold, but have to go to work tomorrow and worry about my car being sorted on Tuesday - I'm just waiting for next weekend already!

*Sigh*

But on a positive note, the fiance just put up my lovely refurbished mirror in our bedroom...


And I think it looks lovely! (sorry about the bad quality phone picture!)

Jewel x

P.S. Thank you to the lovely Justine who gave my blog a very welcome shameless plug! I now have 42 followers - just 8 to go before I announce by big 50 followers giveaway!

Excited! x

Comments

  1. Sounds like you have some nice little places to poke around in locally!!! Email me at bumblebeescraftden@gmail.com and I'll send you the instructions that someone else sent me so that you can change your settings to allow people to reply direct by email when you ask them a question in comments!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mirror looks amazing, love the plate and vv excited about the swap buy!! I bought something for your swap yesterday :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mirror looks gorgeous and your little dish was a bargain and a half!! How on earth did you manage to barter it down to 75p??? :) There seems to be so much going on in your (my old) area these days. Still can't believe you live just two roads away from my old house, lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a pretty little plate. Everyone seems to have caught on to the vintage thing at the moment and prices have shot up.
    The photo scavenger hunt is organised by Kathy at postcardsfromthepp.blogspot.com. Each month she posts a list of things to try to find to photograph and you can be as imaginative with the solutions as you like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mirror looks so lovely up on the wall.

    Hope you feel better soon and fingers crossed the car is sorted quickly on tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that mirror looks amazing! Thank you so much for your lovely supportive comment on my blog, I really appreciate it! Love Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mirror looks great!
    I hope next weekend will be a good one!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweetie I've just been catching up on all your posts and sorry to hear about your car! How awful for you but well done for standing your ground with the insurance company, garage etc.

    Victoria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there, if you want to join in the Scavenger Hunt feel free. Just post your pictures at the end of June.
    Love that pretty little plate!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. hiya Julie,
    Just been catching up and reading about your car - I can't believe it. Hope it all gets sorted with minimum of hassle.
    The plate is lovely, which car boot did you go to?
    Hopefully see you soon
    xGem

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message, I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts