Mirror, Mirror, On The Wall...

Hey Everyone,

Well today I wanted to show you my beautiful new mirror! Years and years ago I bought a rusty old mirror from a car boot - I can't even remember how much I paid but I know it wasn't much (a pound or two).

I took it home and had no idea what to do with it. I was still living at home with parents and it was too big for my room. It was covered in cobwebs and the tarnished copper looked horrid but I loved the design.

I kept fighting my parents not to throw it out and it was relegated to the shed. Then when I moved out we found it again and my parents suggested we actually do something with it.

That was a year and a half ago, but on Sunday I stopped in on my mum and she said she had a present for me! Guess what I found....


This beautifully refurbished, powder coated mirror! My dad knew someone at work who could do it, and they charged £30, which my dad kindly paid for!

It's a shame I don't have a 'before' picture so you could see just how dramatic the transformation is!

It is fantastic and looks stunning in our bedroom - absolutely perfect...


Soon we will hang it on the wall - I think above the stool here - as it's the only big enough space for it to go and should make a good impact!

I love it so much! Just goes to show sometimes it's a good idea to hold onto things, even if they seem unuseable! Thank you mum & dad!

Jewel x

Comments

  1. Ooh it looks great! As you say it will be a real statement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember my mam having one of those mirrors years ago and it was gold. Yours looks lovely painted and it certainly was worth holding onto,what kind parents you have, Lucey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why you kept on at them not to throw it away, it's gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful parents you have, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab new mirror and what a lovely surprise!

    Victoria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message, I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts